Monday 26 September 2011

Baghdatis targets milestone victory

BIG hitting Cypriot Marcos Baghdatis is eyeing more than his 200th career win at the Malaysian Open.
Baghdatis, a finallist at the 2006 Australian Open, wants to bag his second title in Asia, after Beijing in 2006, in his third appearance in Kuala Lumpur.
The World No 60, however, wants to take it one match at a time and his first aim is to record his 200th career win over Alex Bogomolov of the US in the first round.
"I do feel some pressure to win the match (against Bogomolov) but that is normal as I always want to win every match I play," said the 26-year-old from Limassol.
"I have not played him in a while but I've seen him play a few times recently and he is a solid player with good shots. So I need to be prepared and playing well to beat him."
Baghdatis, who has been plagued by numerous injuries throughout his career, said he is fit and wants to win a title this year.
"The draw does look a little better, but having said that there are always a lot of other good players who are also hungry to win so it will not be so easy," added Baghdatis, whose best achievement in KL was reaching the quarter-finals last year.