Wednesday 5 December 2012

Jojo worried about her serve






JOJO Struys loves to play tennis with the guys as it brings out the best in her.
"I like playing with the guys as they hit the ball a lot harder. I used to play a lot of tennis but now I play whenever I can due to my busy schedule. I will start by practising with the guys soon," said Jojo, TV host, producer and model.
Jojo, however, hopes she will be able to improve her serve before the CEO & Celebrity Charity Tennis on Dec 9.
"My serve is not very good but my forehand game has got better. I need, however, to improve on it. I hope my doubles partners will be patient with me during the competition," she said.
The 37-year-old was also a talented runner in her teens in Singapore.
"I was the national 3,000 metres champion in Singapore. I have always been active in sports. Currently, I indulge in dancing and also do a bit of running," she said.
On the charity tournament, Jojo said she feels honoured to be one of the invitees.
"It is a great way to contribute to charity. I hope to have a fun time. It is my third appearance in this event," she said.
The event, scheduled for the National Tennis Centre in Kuala Lumpur, will be played on a one-set format where a player will rotate with different partners and compete in five rounds. The individual with the highest accumulated points will be declared the winner.
NST and eCEOs Sdn Bhd are joint organisers of the fourth edition of the event while Dunlop, Mohamed Ridza & Co, Petra Energy Berhad, Cahya Mata Sarawak Berhad, Mudajaya Group Berhad and the Lawn Tennis Association of Malaysia are the official partners.- www.nst.com.my