Wednesday 5 December 2012

Aiman’s tennis adventure on the ascent


KUCHING: Rising young tennis talent Mohd Aiman Hamdan is carving quite an impression on the courts around the state these days, winning titles while helping his association, the Bumiputera Tennis Association of Sarawak (PTBS) in their quest for developing tennis in the community.

Despite all the honours that have come his way, all the top billings that he has recorded, nothing will compete with that moment recently when he won the Boy’s Under-14 singles title at the Sarawak Junior Age Group Tennis Masters last Sunday.

In an exclusive interview with The Borneo Post, Aiman’s father Hamdan Mos who is also his personal coach commented that his son aspires to be a tennis great one day and at the tender age of 11-years-old, Aiman has shown signs of heading the right direction.

“Aiman has shown that he is passionate and is hungry for more titles. I too hoped that I can provide him with adequate training and assistance that Aiman needed for as a father, I only want the best for him,” commented Hamdan.

Apart from the Sarawak Junior Age Group Tennis Masters, Aiman had also participated at the 2012 Genting-Selangor International Junior Open Tennis Championships last month where he finished the tournament at a commendable 10th place in the tournament.

Aiman commented that the recent experience gained and competition exposure in Peninsular Malaysia is indeed valuable. It made him a better player and hopes that he will get more competitive exposures in the future.

Not willing to let his recent achievement distract him, Aiman revealed that he continues to train hard in preparation for his next tournament.

“I am thankful to my family, coaches and PTBS for what they have done for me. I have good trainers and I can only pay them back with my hard work and achievements,” Aiman added.

One of Aiman’s ambitions is also to represent the state in Sukma. He hopes that he will be given the chance to represent the state in the near future.

“Winning medals for Sarawak in tennis is also important for me. It is an ambition that I am working hard on and I know I can only earn the call-up by doing well in my games,” he said.

Aiman’s role of honour in 2012 includes winning the Kuching Age Group, state MSSS Championship, YB Fadillah Cup and Samarahan Convo Cup.

At the end of the interview, his father and coach Hamdan revealed that he is looking for sponsors to help his son advance in his tennis career development as Aiman has proven himself to be one of the state’s brightest prospects in tennis.- www.theborneopost.com