Tuesday 25 September 2012

Jimmy in the dark over partner Yew Ming





TAIWAN'S Jimmy Wang believes his scratch partnership with Malaysian Si Yew Ming will need some work if they are to progress past the first round of the ATP Malaysian Open at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil today.

 The 27-year-old wild card, who yesterday eased past Italy's Riccardo Ghedin  6-3, 6-3  in the first round,  said he had no idea of what to expect from his partnership with the left-handed Malaysian.

   The duo play  third-seeded  Austrian pair Alexander Peya and Brazillian Bruno Soares today.

   "I have never played with him before. I saw him for a while today (yesterday) then he disappeared again, but thank you for reminding me (about doubles)," jested Jimmy, who reached the second-round of the US Open last month.   "I think working on our communication will be important in the time we have (together), especially in regard to who will return from which side." -www.nst.com.my